If we want to put Wadden gastronomy on the map, in addition to education and development, marketing sustainable local products is equally important. Only when visitors and residents know what is on offer can they consider coming to taste and experience it.
We go so far as to make Wadden gastronomy a 'reason to travel.' Entrepreneurs and residents in the Wadden Sea area (especially those along the Wadden coast) can benefit greatly from this. Visit Wadden is working on promoting the awareness of Wadden gastronomy through the website, social media channels, brochures, and digital newsletters, among other things.
Furthermore, we organize the Culinary Wadden Weeks every year in the months of October and November. The numerous places in the Wadden Sea area that work with local products are showcased through marketing & PR efforts.
How Visit Wadden contributes to Wadden Gastronomy
- Communication & Marketing: Taste of the Wadden
- Campaign and Organization: Culinary Wadden Weeks
- Organization of press trips and sending press releases
- Year-round presentation of 12 Wadden food product groups across 4 seasons
- Organization of test panels with new regional products (4 times) at festivals
- (Inter)national recognition of Wadden Gastronomy by UNWTO
- Organization of inspirational trip to Zeeland
Het Waddenfonds enables the program 'Wadden Gastronomy Strengthens World Heritage Experience' with a financial contribution. The provinces of North Holland, Fryslân, and Groningen co-finance the project, and project partners NHL Stenden and the Wadden Group/entrepreneurs also provide their own contribution.